Sunday, May 9, 2010

Don't Take my Schtick.

It is no secret that I am fond of the Jews. (My favorite is Jesus.) They have given us many, many things that have enriched our lives for the better. Things such as challa bread (Mmmmmmm.), matzo ball soup (double Mmmmmmm.), Fran Drescher, and Andy Samberg.

However, the best thing to ever come from the Jewish community (besides Hollywood) is, undoubtedly, Yiddish.

Oy vey! I'm plotzing! I'm verklempt! What a schmegegge! Oy, you're such a schmuck! Would you like a schmear for your bagel? This isn't madness, this is meshugeneh!

And, of all the delightful expressions in Yiddish that I LOVE to say (on a daily basis), my favorite Yiddish word is: Schtick.

Schtick. Say it aloud; Schtick. Doesn't it just roll off the tongue so delightfully? Anyway, that is really all I had to say today. That is really all I have to say any day. Schtick. Schtick. schtickschtickschtick.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: