Monday, May 10, 2010

Oak Pollen, thou hast bested me for the last time!

Sniff. SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF.

I loathe allergies. Usually we coexist and tolerate each other's existence while maintaining a cool distance. I'm usually aided in this endeavor by my friend, Claritin.

BUT CLARITIN HAS FAILED ME. I am a raging pile of snot and gooey eyeballs and sniffing. I am the opposite of cute! I am atrocious! My left eyeball is swollen and red and puffy and A MUTANT EYE.

I hereby vow to never breathe outside air again. I am becoming a recluse. Except I will still invite people over and have them walk through a decontamination station (ha.) before I shower them with affection. I will buy sunlamps and grow my own vegetables inside. I will take online classes. I will skype my friends and family.

I WILL NEVER BREATHE OAK POLLEN AGAIN!!!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go put eyedrops in my mutant eye.

2 comments:

Amber K. said...

(From one allergy sufferer to another, this year I have discovered that Zyrtec works better than Claritin.)

Kaitlin said...

@Amber:

Zyrtec, for whatever reason, makes me extremely hyper when I take it. I react strangely. :/ Maybe I should give it another go...