Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend = Godsend

I often find myself snickering at the stupidity of those "friends" on Facebook who feel inclined to compose the obligatory Sunday update. This compulsion gives us, the internet community, such gems as "Fun weekend, but now I need to study calc!", "Woohoo! Vodka night with the girls was badass!", and "Last night was fun. Can't wait for next weekend- the tRi DeLt PaRtY!!! WoOoOhOo!!" And yet, to my own chagrin as well to that of the others around me, I still feel compelled to say:

What a glorious weekend! I spent it doing absolutely nothing. That's right, you heard (read?) me; Nothing. Well, actually, in hindsight, I did something. But not enough somethings to negate the nothings. Because I watched 3, count them 3, nothing up my sleeves, nothing in my hat, movies on Lifetime. And Lifetime is like the Great Equalizer of Nothingness. Any somethings you might have accomplished become consumed by the Nothingness of Lifetime.

In any case, I started my weekend out with a Fun-Filled Friday (ha). Worked out at 9. That wasn't so fun, except for that it did, in fact, release endorphins, therefore making me happy, albeit sore. And smelly. 'Twere I in a Victorian-era parlor, instead of a modern day gymnasium (which, frankly, I don't know how or why I would accomplish such a feat) the smelling salts would've had a busy day as I would have offended the sensibilities of ladies to the point of fainting. In any case... after a brief stop to buy some Powerade Zero to replenish my electrolites and a slightly longer shower, I met Kathryn for a delicious Sushi lunch and even better conversation. :) Then we walked to Jester and split a delicious cake for dessert. Then I went to CVS and shopped for makeup (don't worry I didn't buy any) before meeting Cristina for coffee. Well technically we met for tea, but that was happenstance. (Also? We as a society don't use "happenstance" often enough.) And it was amazing. Good conversation, Good god time, good perspective on life.

Then commenced the doing nothing. Sure I've cleaned the kitchen 3 times. Sure I reorganized my closet and am working on my desk. But that's it, people. I watched like... 8 hours of Little Miss Perfect. Watched a @#$^ton of Lifetime. Watched The Notebook. Let myself sleep as long as I wanted/needed to on BOTH Saturday and Sunday. As I said; What a glorious weekend! One I greatly needed. Seeing as I have an overabundance of stupid schoolwork and a History midterm this week. If I hadn't had this weekend... It would've been full on dragon-lady.

No comments: