Monday, April 13, 2009

Another Attempt at Relevancy

Do you know what I was wondering as I was driving down the highway today? No, not that my Snickers bar is inconveniently located in my purse but under my sunglasses case. Also not that the word "maniacal" has a REALLY weird spelling. These things are, of course, true; but they are not what I was thinking.

What I was thinking was this: What if I had road rage outside of my car the way I do in my car?? Take what happened to me on Friday: An old lady cut in front of me to get to the Express Lane at the supermarket. My real life reaction was: "Rude! Oh, wait, she's old. I should offer to help her. Or I could get distracted by these gum flavors...Pomagranate Twist? Could it be??!?" What if, instead of being borderline-helpful/ADD, I had reacted like I did today, when someone cut me off in a merge lane. That reaction yielded very un-ladylike and un-Christian-like behavior. Which I regret. (At least the only visible sign was my yelling mouth. I do not flip birds, as I hate birds and would not want to accidently throw up a gang sign that basically invited them to kill me.) That lead me to wondering why I would do these things in my car that I would never do in public/ to someone who could hear me. What kind of sick double standard is that? What is it about the car that makes it a conduit for rage and outlandish behavior? I get positively irate behind the wheel, but when someone cuts me off on campus or in the supermarket, I'm angry for a second and then move on. Is it because I see an annoying "BRTTNY" license plate and not the actual person?

I don't really have a conclusion or a solution for this... I will resolve to have a more Christian attitude on the road. So I guess that's something. But in the mean time, I'm still left wondering why this happens. And I know it's not just me. Or is it? Hey look over there! I thought I lost that list! That's crazy! Hey, look again! That magazine! I remember when I bought that one magazine with Angelina Jolie. She's too skinny. I also don't want her to adopt another baby. OMGosh there was the cutest baby EVER in Friday's today. Mmmmm. I wish I had more sweet potato fries. Those were yummy. I also need to stop eating so much. Dangit, Easter Bunny. You're responsible for this weight gain. You and my Meme. Why do some people spell it Mimi? That's weird.

No. No, I'm weird.

No comments: