Thursday, October 15, 2009

And Yea, though I walk through the valley of F, I will fear no D-

I am a terrible student.

This wasn't always the case. Somewhere between high school and college I realized hey! no supervision! No one knows if I don't study! No one knows if I don't go to class! and I became lazy.

Not only lazy, but complacent. By the grace of God, and the grace of God alone, I assure you, I have been able to achieve a slightly better-than-average GPA.

I can't count the number of understanding professors, the test questions that spring from the one page of notes I happened to glance over, the essay prompts that I was able to research ahead of time without having to go to class.

But I realized, enough is enough. What's the point in stressing myself out when I'm cramming or waiting for a test to begin, or WORSE, waiting for a test to be returned? If I would just budget my time a little better, I would have more time to do everything I am supposed to do and everything I want to do. I might even have time to, you know, bring glory and praise to the Lord.

So that's what I'm going to try to do.

So help me, God. Even though He already has.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Yea I am exactly the same, except in high school it was easy not to do work and still make A's or B's..well at my high school atleast.

But then on a fateful day I met college and it didn't take too well to my procrastination and laziness.. lol which resulted in my academic probation :(.. But ya live & learn!