Monday, October 12, 2009

Heavier Fare

I clearly scared October into submission with my last post. It's now a jolly 65 degrees here. I assume the temperatures will continue to drop.

...Or else.

I'm going to be back to regular posting starting today, so be prepared. I am feeling a LOT better, though I still have a lingering cough that just won't die and I get tired pretty easily. Not that these things stopped me from attending opening weekend at the Texas Renaissance Festival with my friends Kristen and Patricia. It was epic. We had so much fun and had this ginormous photo shoot in the middle of the garden/forest walkway. And people kept stopping us asking to take our picture because we were that legit and beautiful.

I'm going to spare you the rambling post where I lament the fact that I wasn't born in another time. Be thankful.

When I got back to Austin today, I laid down on my couch, turned on the television, and took a 3.5 hour nap. No big deal, except that my screening for one of my classes starts at 5 and I woke up at 6:12. Whoops.

I went online a little while ago, to look at my French assignments, and lo and behold, I discovered that our screening
for tonight had been canceled! I was immediately overcome with humbleness and I was awed by the fact at how perfectly each action fits into God's plan for us. I needed that nap, to ensure I stay healthy and to keep my mind sharp as I start to study. I also needed to go to the screening that didn't happen because I need to keep my grade up and to stay current on the topics we discuss in class.

I am astounded and blessed that my day turned out this way. I love getting reminders of how deep and how gracious is the Father's love for me, a fact I sadly am quick to forget or to dismiss.

We are singing a song in choir based off of Psalm 23 and I am currently obsessed with this verse.

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.




These are some other versus that speak of and remind us of the love that God has for us, his children:

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies (Psalm 36:5).

How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 36:7).

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever (Psalm 52:8).

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness (Psalm 86:15).

Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever (Psalm 136:26).

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness" (Jeremiah 31:3).

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17).

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13).

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love (John 15:9)



**P.S. sorry for the formatting issues, Blogger will not give me uniform fonts no matter how many times I try to change it.

No comments: