Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm Ready!!

So I was packing/ cleaning my room (shocker, I know) and I started to rearrange (...dump into a pile on my bed...) the stuff from my bathroom last year, namely some old perfumes, some vitamins, bandaids, etc. And as I got a whiff of my perfume... memories, sweet memories, came washing over me. It's odd how something like a smell or a color can take you back. I immediately went back to fall, when the air was crisp, when I was happy. when things were right. And I wasn't sad that things weren't that way anymore; I was happy that things would soon be that way again. I guess that's the thing about being a tireless optimist: when other people would be lost in nostalgia, I can see the future and take joy in its nearness and its newness.

So here's to your future happiness, my friends; whether you can see it or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is said that the sense of smell is the sense that is most directly connected with memory because it is in direct contact with the olfactory nerves in the brain...just something ponder i suppose..