Friday, September 17, 2010

Fashion Friday: Things I Would Buy, Were I but a Billionaire or a Size Two

Happy Premiere Fashion Friday! How apropos in light of New York Fashion Week and all. This week's theme is very simple. Let's call it "Things I Want for Fall." Because that is the only unifying theme. EDIT: Themes could also include "I'm Obsessed with Modcloth" and "Shoes Are My Mistress."

1) A nice coat/ jacket. (P.S. my comments are below each item!)

I like ones that are military-inspired like this First Brass Coat from Modcloth.
Or how about this Military Jacket from Target? Oh that's right... I already have this little number sitting in my closet, waiting for the heat index to drop below 100...

I love things that are super quirky and weird like the Lady Obsidian Jacket. I have a slight obsession with all things Victorian, and this is just one of the most delightful jackets I've ever seen. Most of my friends would hate it, but I would wear it with pride.

I also love classic coats with a feminine shape like the Big City Blues Coat in Red.

 And I am very Devoted To This Coat.

But my FAVORITE kind of coat (at the moment, at least) are coats with beautiful, frilly details. In the words of Rachel Zoe, I DIE for the Go Into Detail Coat. I don't know what I love best about this coat; The frills, the double row of big buttons, or the HOT PINK LINING.

I often imagine myself in a world where I had a closet full of coats. Coats for any outfit and any mood. Jackets for when the weather permitted. Colors and textures abound! Then I remember that I live in central Texas and a closet full of coats would be the biggest waste of money imaginable. But in that dream world that flickers in my heart, this Sovereign Style Coat is the piece de resistance! The crown jewel of my collection! I love it so hard, it hurts.

2. A nice, comfy fall dress.

I adore the idea of the Pleated Jersey Dress with a bright belt and boots. I tend to choose darker pieces for fall and winter, so I will choose grey or plum for many of these dresses, even though they come in other colors. This color is called "Bear Hug" so I'm really not sure how you could not buy it.

I'm all for a good argyle and this Argyle VNeck Sweater Dress is about as good as it gets. This would be so easy to throw on over leggings with some cute ballet flats for fall or boots for winter.

I am in passionate love with this 3/4 Sleeve Ruffled Dress because I think the ruffles would be absolutely darling peeking out from underneath a coat. I could just squee thinking about it!

This Academy Days Dress in Cranberry looks so effortlessly stylish and COMFORTABLE for those winter days when you hop out of your warm bed and you want to layer up fast.

Another effortlessly chic option, I love classic dresses like this Checks Mix Dress (such clever names on Modcloth.) The belt is already there! This would be charming by itself or over tights.

Now, remember that dream world from when I fantasized over coats? Be prepared to meet the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I lust after this dress. I need to call on the name of Jesus to keep me from buying this dress. It is what I would want to be buried in, if only because that's probably the only way I can afford it right now. Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. Judge for yourselves as I present to you the Deep Within the Armoire dress!

3. I am obsessed with shoes. Here are some I would love for fall:

I basically love these Teacher's Pet Oxfrord Heels more than life itself.

And the Blue Button Beauty Boot plays into my love of all things Victorian, despite its unfortunate and rather annoying name.

I find these Get Your Kicks Wedges a delightful way to add comfortable height and a great pop of color in the fall. Side Note:  Do these count as blue suede shoes?

And, to end with some beautiful boots, I think these Kagome Western Boots are wonderfully slouchy and are a steal at thirty dollars!


That's all for the first edition of Fashion Friday! I hope you all enjoyed it and I'll be back come Monday!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

fashion friday is my new favorite day. =)

Amber K. said...

OMG I am going to LOVE these Fridays. I too would love to have a closet full of beautiful coats. Oddly enough, with that (secret) love of mine and constant drooling over coats online and in stores, I don't own a single one, just long belted sweater coats, zip ups, and a few hoodies. (Btw, those blue suede shoes are SOOOO FETCH*.) *Please note the appropriate accent & reference. And I do really love those blue suede shoes.

Kaitlin said...

@ME Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come back next week, ya hear?

@Amber K. I'm glad you liked the clothes! And the Mean Girls reference on the blue suede shoes was great! :D BTW, I only own a couple of jackets. I think 3...? I lust after many, many more though. Thanks for reading!