Sunday, September 12, 2010

I've Already Used That Phoenix Metaphor...

My poor, sweet, abandoned blog.

My heart aches for the awful things I've done to you. I am an evil blogger and I have paid my retribution. Well, not really. But I am awfully sorry. And this time I'm not making any promises to hang around. I'm like a dead-beat dad. I do want to stay with you, dear bloggie, but I just never know when that wanderin' wind will kick up inside me and I'll leave again.

Except that I have done a whole lot of maturing these last few months and I'm, like, totally a billion times more responsible. Totes. The thing is, I enjoy writing. I more than enjoy writing, I love it, long for it. And it seems both silly and odd to me that I would let something as therapeutic and effortless as a blog go unwritten.

And so here I am, little blog. Here I am, and here you are, and here we'll stay. At least for a while. I also hope I'll eventually build up some readers so I can address them and not you, Blog. Not that I don't love you, of course. Just that, well, it gets lonely since you never talk back.

Xoxo,
Kaitlin

P.S. Do you want a new layout? Just wondering.

No comments: