Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who washed Washington's white woolen underwear when Washington's washer-woman went west?

Now that, my friends, is a pertinent question in today's political landscape. I was surprised President Obama didn't address this issue in his State of the Union address.

Okay, I lied. It's an old choir warm up I used to sing, dating back to ye olde junior high choir. The only thing squeakier than a junior high choir member is the one standing next to him. Why am I talking about choir at all?

This semester I am in the Women's Chorus at UT and I am 10000000% in love with it. We are singing the most beautiful songs... EVER. I've always had a penchant for treble choirs. I'm not sure why, but in my experience, the closer the harmonies, the more beautiful. The exception being "Ecco Mormorar L'onde" which the mixed choir sang my senior year of high school. That is arguably my favorite piece of choral music... ever.

Anyways, this is all an incredibly round-about way of saying that we're having a choir social/get together/retreat/meet and greet/smell each other's feet weekend. We women of the Women's chorus are to provide dessert and I just so happened to volunteer to bake cookies.

I've narrowed it down to three choices and am going to make two. I think I know the two I'm going to make, but I'm going to take all 3 recipes with me to the store tomorrow in case I run into an ingredient snafu. (P.S. The word "snafu" does NOT get used enough.) I will post pictures tomorrow as well as my reviews of the goods tomorrow. The recipes all come from the Patron Saint of Buttery Goodness: Ms. Paula Deen, ya'll!!!

I can't wait! It's been far too long since I've baked cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about poor Washington's underwear. :-/

We're living mirror lives. I just joined the NYU premier mixed chorus, Drama Cantorum, and am currently overwhelmed (a little, not much)at how much better and how much more difficult it is than high school.

Maybe we're the same person living in alternate dimensions...

Kaitlin said...

I think that is exactly what we are! And don't worry, I'll scratch our left ear since it's itching.

And university choir is SO MUCH BETTER than high school! I can't even believe it. I want rehearsals to go on forever. We are singing the most amazing songs and guess what? Our director actually LIKES us! What a novelty!