Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You like me! You really like me!

I'm afraid I have nothing interesting to talk about today.

"But Kaitlin", you ask, "how is that any different from any other post?"

Well, it's not. Except that I'm acknowledging it. And they say acknowledging you have a problem is the first step. I don't know what it's a step towards, but apparently I'm on a journey. I hope I packed clean underwear.

And that is a tangent that no one needed to experience.

I suppose I will just beguile you all with a list of my random thoughts. And by you all I mean me.

1. One of my best friends is coming to visit me (and other people) this weekend. I'm super excited. We are going to all the best (and by best I mean tastiest) places in Austin. One of the things we're doing is seeing Paranormal Activity. It's apparently the new Blair Witch Project and the scariest movie ever and blah blah blah. I am equal parts excited and terrified.

Scary movies and I have an awkward, sadistic relationship. The last scary movie I saw was Guillermo del Toro's The Orphanage and I watched it alone and it truly wasn't that scary. I clearly survived. The movie before that was The Strangers and it almost killed me. Like I went into dry heaves in the movie theatre.

Now, I am a STRONG believer in movie-watching ambiance. A scary movie in the theatre will ALWAYS be scarier than watching it in your dorm room. Or in sunlight. The people you watch horror films with are also very important. I hate watching with cynical people or with people who think you're lame if you get scared (unless it's a truly un-scary movie, like the remake of Psycho. You just don't touch Hitchcock, people ).

Anyway, The Strangers scarred me for life and if you don't think that movie is at least a little scary, then you need to watch it in the theatre with better people and A HUMAN SOUL. I saw it with my friend Rebekah and I made her sleep over with me for the next two nights. I am still afraid to look out windows at night and when I hear a knock on the door, my heart falls into my feet and my mouth goes dry. Even when I'm expecting the pizza man. AND I WILL NEVER, EVER STAY IN A PLACE WITH NO PEEPHOLE ON THE FRONT DOOR.

Hmmmhmmmm.

That was a long rambling way of saying that I may or may not survive this weekend.

2. I won an auction on eBay!!! I'd like to thank the academy... But I'd also like to point out how terrible I am in waiting for something to arrive in the mail. I will also be very upset if I die of fright before my beautiful purchase gets delivered.


3. My soul and body aches for Christmas so badly that I could cry just by thinking of the cheeriness and the chilliness and (woah, chilliness is a word...) a time in life when I don't have to worry about Michael Myers, paranormal activity, or strangers.

Because at Christmastime, there's no such thing as strangers!

Until they torture you to death and steal your eBay purchase. Then you can safely assume you didn't know them very well after all.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Im surprised you dont have more followers!

I get paranoid too after a scary movie..glad im not the only one!

Yes i'm ready for christmas time also, that means a break from school!

Kaitlin said...

Thanks for the comment!!

And I totally feel you on the break from school thing. Can't wait!