Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Change of Plans

I pulled my previous post to update.

I woke up this morning and started the coffee pot. I stretched a little, grabbed some almonds for breakfast and opened my laptop to facebook. There, I saw a status of one of my friends that read "Gunman at 21st and Guadalupe."

I frantically searched the news sites and twitter, and it was true. There was a gunman in the PCL. As of this time, news reports are inconclusive as to if he injured anyone else, but definitively: he has shot and killed himself.

Police are now searching for a second suspect. The University is closed and all classes were cancelled.

I am safe at home, thank God.

I am in shock. I am afraid. I hear sirens and helicopters. My prayers are fervent and desperate for everyone in the UT Shooting. Things like this are difficult, but I'm grateful and thankful that I am safe and that all my friends are safe.

Also, thank God for social networking, because I would've been heading to campus without it.

No comments: