Friday, September 24, 2010

Fashion Friday: Maybe They're Trendy, and Maybe I Just Want Them

Hola and welcome to another Fashion Friday! Are you guys so proud of me that I've kept up my blog schedule for a full week? That's totally fine if you're not, because I'm proud enough for all of us. I really enjoy blogging, so I'm glad I'm finally making the commitment. I end up writing so much every day between the blog, my prayer journal, any writing assignments or papers I have plus writing for fun... Why did I ever resist my future as a writer? Silly Kaitlin, stable employment is for business majors!

Once again, I digress. Let's get to the fashion, shall we? This post is all about the trends I'm digging for fall. I've gathered the trends through various online snooping as well as reading some fashion magazines, but, be warned, it's a whole lot of "I want these things, ergo they are trendy." So take everything I say with a fashionable grain of salt.

Trend #1: Lace Detailing

Now, we all know that lace can be a little grandmother-y, but when done tastefully and sparingly, lace makes my heart sing and 21 years of girlishness come squee-ing to the forefront of my personality.
Ironically, this is Not Your Grandma's Sweater. I swear, I didn't plan my jokes to match. Anyway, I'm in love with this simple lace detail and think this sweater would be beautiful with simple jeans and boots or even a cute patterned skirt with chunky knit tights. 

Oh my word, how much do I love this smoke and mirrors dress?? Answer: A lot. You might recall how deeply I feel about gray for fall. Wouldn't this look darling with those blue suede wedges from last week? 

Trend #2: Plaid and Lumberjack

I kind of have a lumberjack fetish. I know. It's weird. I just like comfort of flannel and the masculine strength I associate with these patterns. So sue me.

How comfortable does this Lumber Jill Top look? Bonus points for the clever name. Modcloth never disappoints me there.


This J Term Tunic is a beautiful, slightly more put together plaid option. I would adore this with a cute brown belt and tall riding boots.

And how about This Rad Jacket? It looks so dang comfy! And it would be effortlessly cute on casual days. I want it. Just being honest.

Trend #3: Jewel Tones

I adore Jewel Tones and they are always in for fall, no matter what the fashion mags say. This is definitely an example of what I want to be trendy. I guess we could splenda-coat it and say I'm a trendsetter?


In case you didn't get enough adorable coats last week, I adore this Babylon Coat in this beautiful shade of emerald. Gorgeous.


How about this amazing sapphire-toned sweater? The name says it all: A Cozy Sweater Kinda Day. I would love this with some comfy jeggings and embellished ballet flats. It would be the fashionable way to basically wear pajamas to class, it would be that comfortable.


I am in deep, deep like with this Claudette Hat. The model kind of freaks me out, but I am too much in like with the hat to care.


This "dress" 1) looks suspiciously like a tunic and 2) cashes in on multiple fall trends: Jewel tones and feminine ruffles. Maybe it could be a tunic. On a good day.

Trend #4 and #5: Muted Neutrals and Feminine Ruffles

These three amazing finds just happen to all embody two trends. So deal with it.

As a coffee lover, I've been eying this Macchiato Dress ever since it appeared on Modcloth this week. So cute. It would look darling layered over a long-sleeve t-shirt in a nice jewel tone to make it more fall appropriate.

I adore this Petit Fours Glaces Dress. It would look so cute with the Claudette hat from above and maybe some pretty brown wedges.


This Smoky Eyes Dress has been toying with me for what seems like forever. It's just so beautiful and would look smashing under any pretty, feminine coat you wish to put it under.

That's all for me on this Fashion Friday! If you're craving more, head on over to my inspiration, Big Mama. Y'all have a great weekend. Go forth and be fashionable.

No comments: