Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lighter Fare

Sorry I've been both uninspired and depressing these last couple of days. It's completely understandable given the circumstances, but I'm not going to dwell on those things anymore. My heart goes out to Colton Tooley's family and I pray for him and them. I know something awful drove him to do this and while I don't approve or understand, I still have pity for the boy. I hope all my fellow longhorns are healing and recovering well.

That being said, I'm not entirely "over" the incident, but I'm not going to dwell on it here anymore. So let's move on to lighter fare, shall we? Mainly, the unfortunate incident tonight at HEB.

Let me first paint you a picture of me:

Marginally depressed, dealing with ferocious allergies. Hair dirty and in a messy ponytail. No makeup. Intense allergy circles under my eyes. Messy tank under an open cardi and loose trouser jeans. All that to say: NOT CUTE.

I was frowning my way through the aisles when by the deli case I see the most attractive man I've seen in a long time. He was TALL. About 6'3' and was wearing a blue plaid button down shirt, nice fitting jeans, and brown boots. He had short, clean-cut brown hair and blue eyes- a fatal combination to me.

When I saw him, my mouth might have dropped open and my heart skipped a beat. He was gorgeous. I knew right then I wanted to marry him and and have his babies. Maybe he sensed me staring, but he looked up and met my eyes. He smiled at me and the heavens parted and the angels sang. It was beautiful. He nodded at me and I smiled back.

And then I realized I looked homeless, pushed my cart as fast as I could out of his line of sight and immediately texted all of my friends about my sexy deli rendez-vous. I ran into him later and again high-tailed it out of there because I was seriously repulsive. I am only barely passable when I actually try to look good, so when I don't try, I fall into the ranks of the forgotten/ psychologically scarring.

Anyway, that should teach me to "run to the grocery store." Nothing simple is ever simple, is it? Y'all have a good day, and remember to primp if you go to HEB.